Monday, March 2, 2015

Sol #2 March 2nd

"THERE IT IS" I  shout "Or there it WOULD be except for the incredibly thick covering of fog over the shoreline, we have walked the five or so blocks from our hotel room to reach the beach. Once we start to feel the heavy sand swallow up our feet, Elliott and I kick off our shoes and clothes and run in to the water in our swim suits. Elliott runs out ahead but I stop when the cold water touches my knees and look around, I am in a place where I can't see through the fog to shore but no one is out this far in the water. I cant hear anything but the steady rushing of the waves. when I breath in, I feel the huge amount of moisture in the air and the saltyness of it on my tongue.




4 comments:

  1. Were you scarred when you couldn't see the shore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You describe the moment so well with the fog and waves and cold! The last sentence is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your description of the fog and the water. nice slice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice detail! I like how you talked about the fog!

    ReplyDelete