Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SOL# 11 March 11th

My dusty hand clamps on to the rock ahead of me and my feet strain to keep up, my red dirt colored braids sit on my back as I pop my head over the edge of the high goblin. when I  look down, there is a steep edge with the ruts of other people hiking boots stuck in to it. I look down at my own hiking shoes that are now huge clumps of red mud. I carefully stet to step sideways across the hill as it slants up and quickly turn, grab the side of the edge and swing myself across to a cozy little hollowed out space that is completely smooth than i sit down and look over the rim. the air is clear, and the other campers look like ants.

4 comments:

  1. I remember this spot! I like your description of you hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That overnight was fun. I like the part about the air being clear and everyone else looking like ants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds cool, was it this year's overnight? :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was transported back to the fall trip with this slice. My favorite line is the one about the "red dirt colored braids." It tells so much about the place and what you may have been doing with just a few words.

    ReplyDelete