Wednesday, January 14, 2015

SOL#8

As i lead Napoleon down the stone road to the arena,  I think how slow this day was going (little did I know how fast things were about to happen). after a long warm up and trying to get used to the cold, my teacher says "time to canter" "you first Grace" Avery stands to the side with Blue. I take a deep breath and move my leg back to give my horse the command. the second I touch is side, he bolts, out of control, galloping across the ring. I cant stop him. I pull as hard as i can on the reins but it is no use, he keeps going. finally i can slow him down enough so that he can be caught and practically fall out of the saddle. 

once i am sitting on the bench on the side of the ring and my mom is running Po(Napoleon), I can think back. strangely, now i feel somewhat triumphant, I did not fall off and I made him stop.  

3 comments:

  1. Cool, great job Grace! Once I did horse back riding or whatever and my horse reared up with me on his back. I stayed on to. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you ended your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you showed the events with excitement!
    Yay you, you didn't fall off

    ReplyDelete