Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Snowshoeing

"Hurry up!" my friends yell for me as the stand on the edge of the trail, about to journey in to the land of who knows how deep snow. I frantically tug at my snowshoes to get them off so that I can meet them. Once they  are off, I run ahead or try, the minuet we step off the trail, we sink in up to our waists in snow. "AAAAGGGGHHH!" we yell in delight. As we struggle to stand and go further from the trail, we all start shouting out ideas of what we should make in the snow. "A tunnel", "A snowman", "A fort!" I start to dig in to the snow with my gloved hands, and soon my whole top half is under the snow. I lay for a moment to catch my breath, and think back to the slow, tiresome hike up hill. When I pop my head back up, my friends are crawling back to the group, "Wait up!" I shout, and hurry to keep up. On the way back my mind drifts to warm fire places and hot chocolate that will be awaiting me when I arrive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment