Tuesday, January 6, 2015

SOL #6

The ground is spinning, no wait... I am the one spinning, off of the sled that is. I get a small glimpse of my younger cousin also tumbling down the rest of the hill. Once I am upright, at the bottom of the hill, I fall backwards because I am laughing so hard. In a sec we are back our feet and dragging the sleds back to the top for a second round. "Lets go to the big hill!" Helen shouts. "OK!", I yell back. On the short walk over the flat, snowy ground, there is a moment of silence and I take a big breath and let the misty air billow from my mouth and nose. Then its "Race you to the hill!" and were off again.

5 comments:

  1. I love the fun that is shown in this SOL. I don't know if that really make sense, but I love how you showed the enjoyment and craziness of sledding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the opening of this slice. I totally have felt like that before, not knowing if I am moving or the world is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the opening sentence. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like a really fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the opening sentence too and how it connects to the end. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete