Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One Crazy Summer

vonetta, Fern and Delphine, after being abandoned by their mother go on to live with their papa and Big Mamma. they grow to love them and think of them as their parents. but then the time comes for them to meet their real mother, so they are sent to California to live with her for 27 days. from then on the lives of the three girls drastically change. the mother that they dreamed of for years is not exactly loving and seems not to care about them at all, she sends them all over town by themselves and being young, colored girls in the early 1900s they don't feel very safe. and they don't know how they are going to last through the time with their mother.

overall I felt like this was a pretty good book. there is no inappropriate  language or actions. I think that Delphine was my favorite character. she has a very strong and willing personality while also being fun and caring of her younger sisters. 

T.B.R 

Fan girl 
divergent
I am number four 





















































































































































































































3 comments:

  1. Hey Grace it's Aidan!
    I really enjoyed your blog... I also noticed that you put "I am Number Four" and I just wanted to say that is my favroite book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, WHAT IS WITH THAT HUGE SPACE?????????????????????????????? Yeah, very interesting blog. I want to read Fangirl and I am Number Four, but I already have read Divergent. The last book, Allegiant IS SO DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya what is up with that?!! I really liked the summary but i wish you had put a little more on your opinion. Good job
    REMOVE THE SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete