Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lobby and burm

When I was small it was a throne
the seats on either                             side were  made of gold
the dust was sparkling fairy dust,
the      ding     of the opening door was the royal symphony
and the tall blue and green walls shaped my castle.
everyday Id race my friend to see who would be the slave and who got to be the princess.


The blustery wind waves my clothes and gravel crunches under foot and the leash goes tough in my  hand and the dog yanks my arm. my feet pound on the ground and dust flies. my purse bangs at my hip that is so used to it I barley notice. the trail dips and i see the stream, the fluffy dog gallops toward it and i fly forward almost losing my balance and falling in to the deep, wetlands marsh below.

No comments:

Post a Comment