Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Slice of life

I sling my overnight bag over my shoulder and walk out of my friends house to my car. As I breath in the cool morning air, I look around. All the way down the block, people still have their halloween decorations up but then again its only  the morning after halloween. I shove my bag in at my feet then jump in the car. As I lean back, I feel the velvety seat beneath and behind me. "How was it?" my parents say in unison "awesome!"I say. My eyelids are drooping after a long night of trick-or-treating and then a sleepover party. "I hope it will be ok with you if we go look at some skis on the way home" "its about a 20 minute drive" says my dad. "um ... sure" I reply. after a 25 minute drive, we pull in to a small house, fully decorated from halloween. when we walk in, there are no skis in sight but instead, a woman holding a big puppy. then she hands her to me. "oh my god" I say "happy birthday!" my parents say as the puppy stretches up to lick my face. 

  

2 comments: