Sunday, December 14, 2014

SOL #6 cabaret

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH... everyone be quit were about to go on! the lights darken and the first line of the song is sung. we all listen intently backstage for our parts, and when its time, we hurry up the sides of the stage. I look out at the sea of faces staring expectantly up at us. when i glance up , i see the bright lights and blink. I make a game of singling out my friends and meeting eyes with them. all to soon, the lights darken and we run back offstage. after tons of hurrying on and off stage, it was finally the last song. our legs ache and we all are singing and  clapping like zombies even though we are singing a happy song. suddenly as we run off stage I feel a burst of energy and join in on the whooping, screaming and hugging thats going around at the joy of completing one more performance.  

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, this is an awesome slice! I had a lot of fun performing in the cabaret. This was exactly what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT
    totally related to it
    loved your discriptions
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate! Nice Slice!!

    ReplyDelete