Thursday, February 5, 2015

SOL

I shiver as the chilled sea water laps at my toes, making them turn red. I step foreword and turn around so that my back faces the eternity of blues green ocean and the water laps up to my knees. suddenly the water pulls hard against my legs and starts to swell up behind me, the water holds tight to my shins and pulls me in. I tug at my leg as the water builds up in to a huge wave waiting to swallow me up. suddenly, before I can start towards the shore the water flings itself over me and and sprays in to my face as if to blind me so that it can keep me under. instinctively my arms shoot up and grasp for air, but there seems to only be salty waves. then as soon as it came up, it rolls out on to the beach. I spit out the water in my mouth and wipe my eyes then stand back up, (the force of the wave had pushed me down.) when i look around, it is as if nothing ever happened and it is just another sunny day on a California beach.

3 comments:

  1. Cool Grace! So you were in the water and then the wave came and swept you up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're ok!!! Did you go back to the beach afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! it made me feel the waves!

    ReplyDelete